Answered By: Reference Librarian Last Updated: May 22, 2017 Views: 4
If you are having trouble thinking of a focus for an upcoming paper, try visiting the following library databases:
- Opposing Viewpoints
- Click on Browse Issues, located towards the top left.
- CQ Researcher
- Try clicking either Browse Topics or Browse Reports > By Date (if you are interested in current, hot-button issues).
If you are logging into these resources from off-campus, you’ll be directed to enter your myMCC login information.
Other places to look for topic ideas:
- Browse the Web for new ideas (and to further develop existing interests).
- ProCon.org is similar to the two resources listed above, only it’s a free web resource. Click on Issues We Cover to browse topics.
- Browse a current newspaper.
For additional assistance, contact the MCC Library Reference Desk.