Answered By: Reference Librarian Last Updated: Mar 15, 2018 Views: 7
The MCC Library uses the Library of Congress Classification system. Education related titles will have a call number that starts with L. Here are some selected call number spans that you may find of interest as you browse the shelves:
- LA5 - 2396 History of Education
- LB5 - 3640 Theory and Practice of Education
- LB1050.9 - 1091 Educational psychology
- LB1101 - 1139 Child study
- LB1140 - 1140.5 Preschool education. Nursery schools
- LB1141 - 1489 Kindergarten
- LB1501 - 1547 Primary education
- LB1555 - 1602 Elementary or public school education
- LB1705 - 2286 Education and training of teachers and administrators
- LB2300 - 2430 Higher education
- LB2801 - 3095 School administration and organization
- LC65 - 245 Social aspects of education
- LC149 - 161 Literacy. Illiteracy
- LC215 - 238.4 Community and the school
To search for books or eBooks, the MCC Library Catalog is the best resource to use.
To find articles, try the databases listed below. To use these resources from off campus, you will need to sign in using your myMCC login.
- ERIC – Contains more than 1,300,000 records and links to more than 317,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966 in the field of education.
- Professional Development (EBSCO) – Provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) – Large database of full-text articles in a variety of subject areas from journals, magazines and newspapers.
- View additional education databases
See the Education Research Guide for additional resources and information.
If additional assistance is needed, please contact the MCC Library Reference Desk.