Answered By: Reference Librarian Last Updated: May 16, 2019 Views: 8
When you're in the library, you can browse for books on Art in the following call number ranges:
- N Visual Arts
- NA Architecture
- NB Sculpture
- NC Drawing, Design and Illustration
- ND Painting
- NE Print Media
- NK Decorative Arts
- NX Arts in general
- TP Clay, Paints, Polymers
- TR Photography
- TT Handicrafts, Arts and Crafts
For books or eBooks, search the MCC Library Catalog.
To find articles, try the databases listed below. To access the databases from off campus, login with your myMCC username and password.
- JSTOR - JSTOR is a good source for academic articles on art, art history and architecture.
- Fine Arts & Music Collection - With more than 150 full-text magazines and journals covered in databases such as the Wilson Art Index and RILM, Gale's Fine Arts & Music Collection will provide support for research in areas such as drama, music, art history, and filmmaking.
- Academic Search Complete - Academic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals.
To find images of art:
- Artstor - The Artstor Digital Library is an image database featuring an unparalleled range of images from some of the world's leading museums, photo archives, scholars, and artists in one easily-navigated repository. It is the most comprehensive image resource available for educational and scholarly use, with many rare and important collections available nowhere else.
See the Art Research Guide for additional resources and information.
If additional assistance is needed, please contact the MCC Library Reference Desk.