Answered By: Reference Librarian Last Updated: May 16, 2019 Views: 8
The MCC Library uses the Library of Congress Classification system. Education-related titles will have a call number that starts with L. Here are some selected call number ranges with materials related to education:
- LA5 - 2396 History of Education
- LB5 - 3640 Theory and Practice of Education
- LB1050.9 - 1091 Educational psychology
- LB1101 - 1139 Child study
- LB1140 - 1140.5 Preschool education. Nursery schools
- LB1141 - 1489 Kindergarten
- LB1501 - 1547 Primary education
- LB1555 - 1602 Elementary or public school education
- LB1705 - 2286 Education and training of teachers and administrators
- LB2300 - 2430 Higher education
- LB2801 - 3095 School administration and organization
- LC65 - 245 Social aspects of education
- LC149 - 161 Literacy. Illiteracy
- LC215 - 238.4 Community and the school
For books or eBooks, search the MCC Library Catalog. To access the databases from off-campus, login with your myMCC username and password.
- ERIC – Contains more than 1,300,000 records and links to more than 317,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966 in the field of education.
- Professional Development (EBSCO) – Provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) – Large database of full-text articles in a variety of subject areas from journals, magazines and newspapers.
- View additional education databases
See the Education Research Guide for additional resources and information.
If additional assistance is needed, please contact the MCC Library Reference Desk.