Answered By: Reference Librarian Last Updated: Nov 17, 2020 Views: 0
When you’re in the library, you can browse for career development books in the following call number range:
HF5381 - HF5386: Vocational guidance. Career Development
- To find books or eBooks, the MCC Library Catalog is the best resource to use.
- Using the MCC Library Catalog, select Advanced Search.
- From the All Fields drop-down box, select Series.
- Enter the following terms for a list of career development books:
- "Career Opportunities"
- "VGM Opportunities Series"
- "Great Jobs"
- "McGraw Hill Careers for You Series"
To find articles and more, try searching the databases listed below. To access the databases from off campus, login with your myMCC username and password.
- Vocations & Careers Collection: The Vocations and Careers Collection provides access to journals and magazines that aid users in researching a vocation, finding an appropriate institution of learning, job searching, and maintaining a career.
- Testing & Education Reference Center: This resource includes over 300 practice tests, information on accredited schools, a resume builder, career modules covering a range of subjects (changing careers, job searching, interview prep, etc.), and more!
See the Career Research & Resources guide for additional resources and information.
You can also visit the MCC Career Services webpage for information on career counseling and other resources offered to MCC students.
If additional assistance is needed, please contact the MCC Library Reference Desk.